GAMES AND SPORTS DEPARTMENT
To be a leading technical training institute in Games and Sports, in Northern Region and the National level.
To provide quality training for the production of self- driven and competent Sports Men Women for the Local and International Sports Arena.
- To promote students participation in Games and sports for holistic growth and development
- To Recruit and Nurture raw Talent to National Standards
- Promote gender equity.
- To promote linkage with other institutions.
- To Acquire adequate Training Equipment and Facilities
- To Market the Institute through Games and Sports
- To install facilities to mitigate against Covid infection and spread
The games and sport department in Wote TTI is a well established and manned by competed team led by Mr Peter Gitau (HOD) and Scholastic Mulwa (Deputy Hod).. It performs the role of co-coordinating and supervising all sporting Activities within the Institute. The Institute being a Technical Institution carries on Sports activities under KETTISO (Kenya Technical Training Institutes Sports Organization) –under KATTI (Kenya Association of Technical Training Institutions).N
The Department prepares Teams/Participants to represent the Institute in KETTISO – Athletics and Ball Games Championships both at Regional and National Level during the First Term and Second Term respectively. Selection of Teams is done during the Inter-Departmental Competitions. There are sufficient Sporting facilities including, games equipment, team games uniforms, balls and state of art fields where students can, practice relax and keep physically fit as well as cut a career in areas where they are most talented.
The Department has been performing very well in Sports and Games at Regional and National levels. Both men and ladies teams in Basketball, Rugby, Tennis Ball ,Volleyball, Hockey Puck, Table Tennis Ball and Football have been performing well at Nationals.
FUTURE DEVELOPMENT PLANS FOR THE DEPARTMENT
- There is need for construction more Institute’s Playgrounds. Construction of Dias, Planting of Grass, permanent markings of well designated pitches.
- Membership/Registration of various disciplines in federations in order to participate in Nation Leagues to improve on the standards of performance of teams and individual talents.
- Hold Annual sponsored tournaments with teams from within the Nairobi Region and lower Eastern .
- Training of Coaches through sponsorship of KATTI in both Athletics and Ball Games.
Mr Peter Gitau
Head Of Department Games And Sports