The rising need for information communication technology in the country and the world at large prompted Wote Technical Training Institute to create a Section which will solely deal with training ICT.
Besides being an admitting Department, it also extends her services to the entire Institute on ICT integration and support.
The Department prepares candidates for Diploma in Information Communication Technology and Craft Certificate in Information Technology at KNEC and also cuts across other departments on areas of ICT.
The Diploma Course is divided into 3 modules. Only on completion of all the 3 modules does one receive a Diploma in Information communication Technology certification.
The Certificate Course is divided into 2 modules. The students graduate with a certificate in Information Communication Technology after the completion of the 2 Modules. Those who successfully complete the Certificate Course, join the Diploma Level at Module 2.
These courses provide students with a basis for further progression to the Universities. Students who attain Distinction and credit passes at Diploma level are absorbed into the Universities at Second Year Level.
The Department has 4 state-of- art Labs equipped with modern computers.
The Department encourages students to join WOTE TTI ICT at the department because there are:-
- Excellent Pass rates in National Examinations
- Qualified, experienced and committed lecturers
- Attention to individual students needs
- State- of- Art I.T. facilities and internet available to ICT students
Our mandate is to promote acquisition of knowledge and skills empowerment for poverty eradication and employment creation and realization of vision 2030 through innovation. Specifically the section will:
- Conduct and organize research activities relating to information communication and technology.
- Impact knowledge and skills relating to ICT
- Regularly evaluate trainees in the department
- Present candidates for final evaluation by KNEC and KASNEB
To be a center of excellence in training, research and innovation in ICT issues in the region.
To provide training and promote innovation in ICT.
The courses offered in the department are:-
- Diploma in Information and communication technology (DICT Module1,2 & 3) - KNEC
- Craft Certificate in Information Technology (CCIT Module 1 & 2) - KNEC.
- Cisco networking essentials (On-Line course) -CISCO
- International Computer Driving License (On-Line course) - ICDL
- Computer System Applications Proficiency – WoTTI
- Computer Maintenance and Support - WoTTI
- Networking Essentials - WoTTI
- Web Design & Development - WoTTI
Cyber specialist, Instructor / Tutor / ICT Teacher, Programmer, ICT Manager, ICT Clerks, Website Designer, Computer Technician, System Administrator, Network Administrator, Data base Administrator, Information resource manager, System Analyst, ICT integration technologist, Software Developer, ICT Project Manager, Konza City ICT Personnel.
Head of ICT
N/B: Successful completion of the craft certificate in IT (Module1 & 2) leads to automatic entry into Module 2 Diploma in ICT.