To be a modern technical centre in electrical and electronics engineering
Train technicians and craftsmen in all areas pertaining to electrical and electronic sector.
- To increase the departmental quality pass from 36% to 40% by November 2015.
- To enhance the quality of training by attending one educational tour per year.
- Adequate coverage of syllabus
- Provision of tools and equipment
- Monitoring students attendance
- Provision of industrial attachment to our students
Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Currently the department has 105 students registered for various course. The department has between conducting solar photovoltaic training in collaboration with USAID, SNV, KEREA and Strathmore University during holidays. Our solar program is recognized by government institution like NITA.
Electrical and electronic engineering is a field of engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity in a wide scope of industrial and domestic activities.
Electrical and electronic engineering involves the generation, transmission, distribution and use of electrical power supply, both in domestic and industrial application. It also covers communications via computer networks and telephony.
Electrical and electronic engineers have the capacity to design new electrical, electronic and computer products, besides being able to analyze, manage and redesign existing electrical installations and equipment.
Electrical and electronic technician plays a major role in the installation, services and repairs of equipment such as electric heaters and lighting systems, mobile phones, digital television, fly-by-wire aircraft, medical imaging systems, hybrid cars, and robotic space exploration.
Currently, with the ever-increasing use of computers and electronics in every facet of our lives, electrical and electronic technicians have the opportunity to be involved in developing wide range of electrical systems.
Wote Technical Training Institute is a centre of excellence in training of electrical and engineering as a result of the Kenya-china TVET project implementation.
The department is endowed with seven (7) electrical workshop fully equipped with modern teaching equipment.
Besides KNEC examined courses both at craft and diploma certificate levels, we also offer the following professional electrical engineering courses
The following courses are offered in the department according to KNEC and KICD regulation. The minimum entry requirement for diploma course is C minus, craft is D plain and artisan is KCPE.
- Diploma in electrical and electronic engineering (power option)
- Diploma in electrical and electronic engineering (telecommunication option)
- Diploma in electrical and electronic engineering (control and instrumentation option)
- Craft certificate in electrical and electronic engineering (power option)
- Craft certificate in electrical and electronic engineering (telecommunication option)
- Craft certificate in electrical and electronic engineering (control and instrumentation option)
- Artisan in electrical installation